Blog Archive


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Greeters Installation & Trinity Chapter Royal Arch Inspection

I was able to attend the first part of the Greeters meeting this evening and John Bull was also present (their Divan Rep) who stayed to install the Club. One comment that I heard this evening that I'm hoping all Clubs & Units say often is that when someone new joins we need to make them feel welcome right away and part of the group. The responsibility for the members of any organization to the new member does not end with the candidate turning in his petition and paying his money or with the obligation/degree work but rather continues while they are a member.

While I try to attend many Masonic meetings (and quite frankly, if we as Shriner's don't attend Masonic functions how can we expect to get new members),  I won't be mentioning all of them here just when something occurs which is of interest to the Shrine. After the Greeters excused me a little early, I went to attend my Royal Arch Chapter Inspection. I saw several Shriner's at the event. When a couple of folks asked me about the Shrine pin I was wearing, it was my opening to talk about membership in the Shrine. But the real reason this was significant was what happened next. I started to explain to the person about the Shrine and the $50.12 initiation fee. The person next to him, who was a Shriner though not very active, immediately told the guy he should consider joining at that rate as it was as good a deal as he probably would ever get. I also mentioned the $50.12 reinstatement and three suspended Nobles came over and indicated they just might take me up on the offer. The real point here is that we need to make sure the Nobles who don't attend regularly get the word about the $50.12 for new initiates and reinstatements. Once a few current Noble found out about the $50.12 opportunity, they became energized and started telling everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment