Blog Archive


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Springfield Shrine Club

Tonight, Pam and I travelled to Springfield to attend the Springfield Shrine Club Meeting. They had a great turnout this evening and I'm sure part of that was the fact they have restarted the calling committee as several indicated they were in attendance due to the phone call.  An informal poll was also taken tonight by one of the members about the age of those present. Pam and I were the youngest being in the under 55 category. Six were in the 90-95 category and they had more over 90 present than under 60. Maybe this isn't that bad though....possibly it means if you belong to Springfield Shrine Club you will live a really long time, if so, sign me up! The speaker was Bob Barnhart who was a last minute fill in for someone who had to go into the Hospital unexpectedly this afternoon. What was funny is that about three minutes after I left the meeting I got a note from Dave Heizer, who was at the Greene County Shrine Club Meeting, about a Noble trying to get in touch this evening with Bob Barnhart. Timing is everything ... unfortunately in this case ...missed it by that much....

No comments:

Post a Comment