Blog Archive


Saturday, June 30, 2012

Interesting Journey to Imperial



Today (well yesterday by now) we started on the track to Charlotte. We decided we would go over through West (by God) Virginia making a couple stops on Ohio and then stopping the first night in Charleston before heading on to Charlotte. As we stopped in Chillicothe to grab a bite to eat (I thought Sumburger was great as must others since I think it has been around since 1952). When we got back on 35 I thought I was being involved In a scene from the Wizard of Oz as the wind started blowing hard enough to rock the van on the highway and the dust and debris was flying everywhere. And it just got worse the further we went. I actually pulled over as if to admit the rain that came around an hour later was too bad to drive in (and as all women know a real man would never admit the weather was too bad, food too hot or that he had enough to drink) but I did as the wind along with the rain actually picked the loaded up parked van off the ground slightly. And the troubles didn't stop there. Both places we were stoping had no power so we went straight to the hotel only to find out they had no power. But they called around until they found a hotel with rooms and electricity an hour south. The only problem was when we got there, they too had no electricity and the desk clerk had locked the door and was refusing to issue a refund. Luckily we got the corporate office and after some run around, marked the night as to be refunded but we still have to call back next week to "confirm we want our money back". Now we are resting in a rest area with no electricity since all the hotels anywhere within 2 hrs are either without power or booked. So much for pre-planning. Next time I'll bring my trailer so I know I'll have a room.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment