Blog Archive


Friday, January 6, 2012

Always Be Ready to Talk Membership

I've said for a long time, at Antioch we need to be active in the Blue Lodge, York  Rite and Scottish Rite through our attendance at activities to get new members. Tonight, I attended Dayton's Blue Lodge Inspection. There was a very large crowd present and I wore my Divan outfit and Bill Garlow's Shrine Potentate pin for 2011. After the meeting, during refreshments, one of the men present ask me about the jacket and pin indicating it was unique from what other members were wearing. This gave me the perfect opportunity to talk about Antioch Shrine. What was interesting was during our discussions, the gentlemen indicated he worked with Bill Garlow at the newspaper. We exchanged information and I asked if he had every considered joining the Shrine. I explained the current offer of $50.12 to join this year and he asked me to email him some information as he might be interested in joining. No hard sell, just being in the right spot and ready to talk about the fun we have at Antioch, that's the key to getting new members.

No comments:

Post a Comment